10 Facts you never knew about the New Ford Ranger Raptor
Europe’s first ever factory-built, off-road performance pick-up truck, the New Ford Ranger Raptor will be exclusively available at FordStores this summer.
6. Braking is performed by twin-piston front callipers; 332 mm by 32 mm ventilated front discs; and 332 mm by 24 mm ventilated rear discs providing exceptional stopping ability.
7. The Ranger Raptor features unique underbody protection to deflect off-road obstacles. The new bash plate is made from 2.3 mm thickness high-strength steel in addition to the Ranger’s standard engine and transfer case under-shields.
8. The Tow Bar is better incorporated into the new rear bumper design for improved ground clearance and better entry and exit clearance for extreme off-roading.
9. Raptor steering wheel is equipped with paddle shifters for optimal gear shifting and performance.
10. Ford Performance DNA is present throughout the interior delivering quality craftsmanship, and durable materials for driving scenarios from the high street to high altitude. The bolstered seats are specially designed for off-road high-speed support with a dual-firmness cushion for ultimate comfort and suede-effect materials for enhanced grip.
1. Ranger Raptor enables drivers to select from six Terrain Management System modes to tackle a wide range of terrain and driving scenarios, including Road, Sport, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud/Sand, Rock and Baja (Desert).
2. The Raptor’s suspension has been specifically crafted to tackle rough terrain at high-speed while remaining in complete control and comfort. FOX Pro shock absorbers allow 30% greater travel than standard Ranger dampers.
3. All-terrain BF Goodrich 285/70 R17 tyres have been specially developed for the Ranger Raptor. Measuring 838 mm in diameter and 285 mm wide, the design offers a tough sidewall to take on the most formidable environments with confidence, and an aggressive off-road tread pattern which provides an iron grip in wet, mud, sand and snow conditions.
4. The New Ranger Raptor has an impressive gross payload of 640kg
5. It is powered by a Bi-turbo version of Ford’s 2.0 litre EcoBlue diesel engine that delivers 213 PS and 500 Nm of torque; and Ford’s new 10-speed automatic gearbox.
Keep Me Updated
Haynes of Maidstone Ford Commercial 23 Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME145DQ Registered in England No. 00048511